Staying motivated can be challenging sometimes. Staying motivated while starting or running your own business can really bring you to the breaking point. Sometimes you may find yourself working 16 hour days and other times you may be feeling guilty for not working and possibly missing a great opportunity. Where do you find the balance? Most of us already know what we need to be doing. Here are some quotes to help stay focused and motivated through a case of the Mondays or Tuesday or Wednesday…you get the idea.
Why am I doing this again?
- “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” - Richard Branson
- “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.” - Dallin H. Oaks
- “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” - Stephen R. Covey
- “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” – Betsy Jacobson
- “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessential.” - Bruce Lee
- “You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.” – Charles Buxton
How do I measure progress?
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates
- “Never confuse movement with action.” - Ernest Hemingway
- “Don’t look where you fell, look where you slipped.” - African proverb
- “Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.” – Harriet Braiker
- “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” - Abraham Lincoln
Can I get a little help please?
- “The strong individual is the one who asks for help when he needs it.”- Rona Barrett
- “The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.” - Anthea Turner
- “I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn’t know.” - Mark Twain
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” -Lena Horne
- “It is critical to delegate the task and not the responsibility.” Sage
I hope some of these quotes helped get you through any doubts about finding the right balance or maybe just getting through a work funk. Are there any quotes you find inspirational or motivating? Do you think quotes are just kind of cheesy? I would love to hear your opinions.